| Next (B)>
- Acronym for Access Control as a Service.
- Acronym for the Alarm Industry Research & Educational Foundation.
- Also known as A.L.i.C.E., this security response acronym stands for Alert, Lockdown, Inform, Counter and Evacuate.
- Acronym for Automated License Plate Recognition.
- Acronym for Automated Number Plate Recognition.
- Acronym for ASIS International.
- ASIS International
- Originally called the American Society for Industrial Security, ASIS is a non-profit organization of security practitioners involved in the protection of people, property, and/or information assets.
- Protocol for Audio Verification and Two-Way Voice - Monitoring Service Command Set.
- Access Control
- A system that determines who, when and where people are allowed to enter or exit a facility.
- Access Control as a Service
- A fee-based system where a facility manager outsources electronic access control to a third party.
- Active Shooter
- When the police arrive, shots are still being fired.
- Alarm Industry Research & Educational Foundation
- Acts as the research arm of the electronic life safety, security and systems industry, under the auspices of the Electronic Security Association.
- Alarm Verification
- The generic term referring to all techniques used confirm or deny the validity of alarm signals received at a Central Station or monitoring facility, including video verification and audio verification.
- Audio Verification
- A type of alarm verfication using sound, with two major sub-types: One-Way Audio and Two-Way Audio.
- Automated License Plate Recognition
- The US version of the term for Automated Number Plate Recognition.
- Automated Number Plate Recognition
- Technology that can scan and recognize license plates on vehicles for comparison with police databases.
Content © 2012-2013. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by T.O.W.E.R.S. The campussecurityguide.com domain name is used under license.